Bottle warmers can really be a parent’s best friend. They’re a safe, easy, and quick way to heat your baby’s bottles. They’re also unobtrusive on your counter, and most are so affordable that you can actually have a few in your home.
As you can imagine, these products are designed to make your life easier, not harder. (If the bottle warmer is too complicated or takes too long, what’s the point?) They both streamline and standardize the milk-heating process, simplifying the routine for parents while also ensuring babies get the most optimally heated food and liquids at every feeding.
WHAT TO CONSIDER
There are a few basic things you want to think about when buying a bottle warmer:
- Usage: Travel warmers are convenient, but they are pretty much one-trick ponies, and they can be pretty slow. If you’re using it at home, you just need to consider where it will be, if you’ll want to store it away, and how it looks, because aesthetics are important when you consider how much baby stuff accumulates in your home.
- Adjustability: Does it fit your preferred bottle, and can it adjust to fit a variety of sizes? We love a warmer that has a lot of adjustability, but not all warmers will fit all bottles — especially travel warmers. This is a huge consideration, especially if you use a nontraditional bottle shape.
- Extras: You’d be amazed at some of the extra features: timers, multiple temperature levels, bottle sanitizing, thawing functions, and even features that allow it to function as a perfectly-heated water kettle. It’s wild out here nowadays.
I chose each of these products by speaking with parents who use these bottle warmers and getting real, on-the-ground information about the best, most convenient, and easiest-to-use models that parents just can’t live without. And yes, they all use water in the base to heat the bottle evenly, so remember to clean them regularly!
- Tray Size: Fits one bottle or jar in multiple sizes
- Features: Warmer, food warmer, digital control, sterilizer
In minutes, you can warm your formula or baby food with this efficient, quick-serve bottle warmer. It’s super convenient and easy to stash when not in use. It heats the food or milk evenly, and thanks to the digital control, you get to decide the temperature for your baby.
This warmer is also a sterilizer, so once you’re done washing the bottle, you can get it incredibly clean.
- Tray Size: One standard bottle
- Features: No electricity needed
Warm your baby’s bottles and food with this stainless steel set. Fill the flask with hot water before leaving home (or get some at a coffee shop while you’re out) and it’ll stay warm all day. The wide-mouthed container easily accommodates both jarred and pouched baby food for feeding older tots.
I’ve used this for my kids and it’s a cinch — it’s one of the easiest bottle warmers to use.
- Tray Size: Two bottles or jars of many sizes and shapes
- Features: Sterilizer, warmer, constant warm, digital, timer, volume, temperature preference
I feel like the street peddler in Aladdin with this one: “It slices, it dices, it even makes julienne fries!” But seriously, this double bottle warmer does it all. It heats food and milk, keeps milk warm, sterilizes bottles, and has multiple settings for different types of bottles. It also has digital control and a timer with volume control so it doesn’t wake your baby. It does everything but pump your milk for you.
And bonus: I used this one to heat up my body lotion, and it only took 5 minutes. So don’t worry about it losing its value after your baby. Life-changing.